In the light of the superior standing of the Islamic Republic of Iran (IRI) among the owners of the natural gas reserves worldwide, the master plans and strategies of IRI on this industrial sector, the development of international collaborations, and the role of natural gas in sustainable development and enhancement of national wealth, the 1st IRGS was held in Tehran in September 2018, for the first time in the history of oil and gas, and trade fair industries.
The event was intended to serve as a platform for bringing together the Iranian and global authorities and active parties in an international atmosphere.
The event focused on the activities, products, tools, services and technologies throughout the value chain of the gas industry.
- Enhancing the standing of the IRI in organizing world-class events in the area of energy and establishing the grounds for the periodic celebration of the event in the member states of the Gas Exporting Countries Forum (GECF). 2nd IRGS also tends to play a key role in industrial, commercial and technological development of the global gas industry.
- Establishing the grounds for the development of the natural gas industry, trade, and technology transfer within the framework of the Iranian Resistive Economy Policies, the 6th Iranian Development Masterplan, and the strategies and plans of the Iranian Ministry of Petroleum and National Iranian Gas Company
- Presenting the capabilities of the IRI and other major countries active the gas industry, and its value chain, through a specialized event within the scope of GECF Global Gas Outlook 2040
- Elaborating on Iran’s capabilities in the light of the country’s prominent standing among the global owners of natural gas reserves, and introducing investment and collaboration opportunities in natural gas industry with a focus on domestic potentials as a strategic competency
- The event was held, in the face of the international conditions and the peculiar circumstances of the Iranian business environment and the imposed restrictions. This in and of itself was a great success and paved the way of IRGS 2020. What matters now is that IRI has its own natural gas exhibit.
- 1st IRGS was welcomed by the GECF member states; the Special Envoy of GECF lectured in the opening ceremony of 1st IRGS, and the news of the event was covered by the GECF official website
- The extensive attention from the foreign and domestic audience reflects the potentials of the further development of the event in its later rounds
- The IRGS administration proposed naming one day as the “national day of the gas industry” in the Persian calendar, and the proposal was submitted to the Iranian Parliament and Ministry of Oil one month after the eventThe Iranian IRGS has proposed celebrating the first round of “Global Gas Show,” in 2020 by TehranThe presence and lecture of the NIGC Envoy, who declared the approach of IRGC as a strategic priority of the NIGC, further highlighted the importance of the event.
- IRI’s resolution to hold and internationally promote the specialized Gas Industry Show, which has been kicked off since March 2018, was the first step in this regard.
- Choice of reputable collaborators for developing the international segment of the event and providing specialized workshops as side events, is the second step planned for the next round and has been actively pursued since September 2018
- The third step is celebrating IRGS 2020 with at least 300 domestic and foreign participants, together with specialized meetings and conferences